Saturday, November 24, 2007

Meaningless

I've been reading LD Beghtol's rather wonderful book about The Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs, surely the greatest triple album ever made, or at least the greatest made by a gay ukulele player with a chihuahua. Beghtol includes polls of fans' favourite and least favourite tracks on the album: oddly, of my own five favourites, two are in the former Top 10 (at 2 and 6); and two are in the latter (2 and 8). This may have some kind of aesthetic or other significance, but I'm damned if I can put my finger on it.

PS: RIP Dr Who's mum.

2 comments:

Billy said...

I must get that book, it sounds amazing. As for my favourites at the moment I'm leaning towards the latter half of the second disc.

Tim F said...

It's excellent, Billy, with an appropriate combination of whimsy and geekiness.