Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend 60s revisionism: France Gall

Time is called on the contrarian investigation of the post-Britpop era: Mogwai and Earl Brutus weren't quite obscure enough, I feel; and neither Telstar Ponies nor Freeboy have graced YouTube with their presence. So let's skip back a few decades, and consider a 1960s that fabness and groovydom forgot. I'm particularly intrigued by the moment (about 1:44) at which the choreographer suffers some sort of cerebral catastrophe. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Siri in Sorrento, for alerting me to this one.



PS: Alistair@ Unpopular has brought out a fanzine. Yeah, a proper one, on paper. With a free badge! I feel 17 again.

7 comments:

smith said...

the post have nice story with excellent videos also visit my new post in Amazing blog ,
jack ,
deaty.please add my blog in to your fiends link list.

garfer said...

Oh dear, the Froggies just didn't get it did they.

Anonymous said...

Not for the first time, I wish they'd had YouTube when I was 17.

amyonymous said...

add this to the list of white people looking like complete dorks.

Tim F said...

A fiends list, Smith? How right you (inadvertently?) are.

They didn't, Garfer, but they've caught up since. And I quite like the song itself.

Any particular reason, Billy? Help with French vocab revision?

Talking of stupid white French people, Amy, did you see that the French National Front has sold its HQ - to the Chinese! Un sang impur, indeed...

Kwok said...

i've just watched that video five times in a row. i'm starting to think it's brilliant.

Tim F said...

KW: what's French for earworm?