Sunday, July 06, 2008

Exterminieren!


"This is my ultimate victory: the destruction of reality itself!"

Crikey.

Now, I could at this point ruin what's left of your weekend with several thousand words about Baudrillard and the deceptive reality of the simulacrum, spiced up with half a dozen Nietzsche-fuelled footnotes. But I'll content myself with pointing out that any apparent breach of paragraphs one and five of my blogging manifesto almost certainly did not take place.

PS: Just watched the front half of Genesis of the Daleks for the first time in years. All respect to RTD, Tennant, etc, but this is the real deal...

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Tim, would you like to come to dinner this evening? Other guests will include Fräulein Nietzsche and her brother, Bishop Berkeley, Samuel Johnson and Paul of Tarsus. M.Baudrillard is only invited for pre-prandial drinks (as he has been known to misbehave at table). Do come. Bring a guest, human, android or droid, as you prefer.

Tim F said...

How very kind of you, Mr C-H. I did ask an eminent philosopher chum of mine, but Immanuel Kant make it.

bdm-tissshhh...

Christopher said...

Yes, I see. Perhaps you'd prefer simply to join M. Baudrillard for the apéritif.