I honestly don’t know who’s reading this any more, or whether any of you are within spitting distance of South London, but if you exist, please come along to the Croydon Literary Festival, where the capital’s unloveliest borough resounds to the noise of words, pictures and all associated book stuff. All the details are in the link above, but prize pickings include
- John Grindrod (above) on Brutalism and all things concrete
- Lesley Ann Jones on writing about pop stars
- Jason Hazeley, Tom Jackson et al on toilet books
- Leah Hyslop and Henry Jeffreys on food and drink writing
- Zak Jane Keir on naughty books
...and then we all decamp to the pub next door for music, comedy and fiendish quiz, with me asking the questions.
It all happens on Saturday, October 27. Please come. Let’s be analogue, for a change.