Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spampoem

shyster uninterested

by 'Ann Arnold'

kosher terribly reenactment of merger, of tantrum misinterpretation is gull, with geographical slime ploy angler that! pupil. velocity an curry screech
silhouette, a hallucinate luxuriant nervously an world war devil's advocate of was submarine sandwich crumble commonly,
tunnel of genitalia of sales toughness and forgone periodically. disavowal a and threadbare a sporty the that
godless the brush the was blubber a but something pointer big time, collusion, small change siege guarantee a was dodge maze bacteria. culmination the French bread the
thirstily the narc, as candy bar punt village miserabl

(I seem to remember Tunnel of Genitalia supporting Sonic Youth when they played in Germany and Austria in the early 90s.)

On similar lines, go here to generate your own Julie Burchill article.

And on a completely different tack, Major 'Cuth' Adami has died. I never knew him. I'd never even heard of him until just now, although he went to the same school as me. (Not, I hasten to add, Eton.)

But, Christ, he sounds like amusing company.

7 comments:

Betty said...

I've seen spam e-mails which seem to comprise lyrics from entire Fall albums. Mark Smith was obviously ahead of his time.

It is a pity Julie Burchill has given up writing for the time being to study theology and make documentaries about how she sits on the sofa all day reading Heat magazine and watching The X Factor. I suppose.

Betty said...

I've read spam e-mails which seem to comprise the lyrics from entire Fall albums. Mark Smith was obviously ahead of his time.

A shame that Julie Burchill has given up writing for the time being to concentrate on studying theology and taking part in documentaries talking about how she sits on the sofa all day reading Heat magazine and watching The X-Factor.

*crosses fingers in hope that comment publishes this time round*

Tim F said...

I used to love it when she interrupted the earnest diatribes of The Modern Review (equal best magazine ever with BLITZ) by talking about how Jewish men had the best willies. The thing was, she was pretending to be undercutting the studenty pretension of Toby Young and Nick Lezard etc with her razor-sharp working-class savvy, but I reckon it was just that she couldn't be bothered wiv all vem long words.

Did you know that she provided the voice of the Caramel bunny in the adverts?

Betty said...

Oh God, if it's true about her voice being used in the Caramel adverts then someone I may or may not be married to will be shocked. Someone I may or may not be married to confessed to thinking that rabbit was "really fanciable". Anyway, they must have altered her normally squeaky little voice.

It's quite funny seeing her on television after years of reading her banging on about being "from working class blood royal" and all that stuff. She ends up interviewing people like Jade Goody or Jordan and 'er Bristol accent dunnarf suddenly get broad, it do.

Tim F said...

It's not true, I'm sorry. That was just a sarcastic, patronising jape that relies on the stereotype that everyone who comes from south of Birmingham and west of Reading talks like the Wurzels. But since I was born in Devon, I'm allowed, like black people can use the n-word.

However, the truth is even more disturbing. The voice of the Caramel bunny was actually... Miriam Margolyes...

So this person you "may or may not be married to" (do elaborate, I'm fascinated) fancies someone who's probably even less conventionally desirable than Ms Burchill.

What's next in his fantasy stakes? Ann Widdecombe in nipple tassels?

Betty said...

Ah, of course I knew it was a joke, um, and I was just going along with it.

*tiptoes away stealthily*

Geoff said...

It's OK, I didn't need the link. I know what Miriam Margoyles looks like.

I'm taking it easy.