Wednesday, April 15, 2020

About a dissertation

I finished my MA course last year, and submitted my dissertation in September. It’s been prodded and poked and evaluated and checked for plagiarism and moral turpitude and probably verrucas, but I was waiting until I’d officially graduated to spread the picture on a wider screen. The current pandemic, of which you may have heard, has rather put paid to that, so sod it, here it is.



There are a couple of typos in there, and a few things I wish I’d expressed a little more cogently, but there we are. It’s about 15,000 words, so you should be able to get through it more quickly than you did The Irishman. Take care now.

4 comments:

Daniel Dessinger said...

I'm going to dive into this today and tomorrow. Maybe you'd consider putting together a summary or follow up guest post?

Tim F said...

There's an abstract, of course, but a summary may be fun to try. Not all that much else to do right now.

I don't often run guest posts if you have any thoughts/reactions, do let me know and I'd be happy to post them.

Roger Allen said...

Interesting and enjoyable. I may be back later to argue if the Great Lockdown goes on! Are you filling in time with a Ph.D?

Tim F said...

Thank you, Roger. No plans for a doc at the moment but always up for an argument!