Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sound and vision

Just when I was getting despondent about blogging, or maybe just this blog, a couple of gimmicks come along to make it all seem, if not better, then more amusing. First, I am indebted to David Quinn, who directed me to the Geocities-izer, intended to “make any webpage look like it was made by a 13-year-old in 1996”. Here’s Clinton-era Cultural Snow for ya!

And then there’s Codeorgan, which generates a soundtrack for your URL. The sound of CS is the theme tune for a news magazine programme for funeral directors, which is good. Hat-tip to Very Short List for this one.

3 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

You could have done that yourself, if you had made the effort.

Betty said...

Actually, the Geocities-izer reminds me of Vicus' old blogging pal Adam. His site designs were very, um, memorable. I wonder what happened to him?

Anonymous said...

It was all so much better then. Tackier too.